Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Merry Christmas!

You've got to sympathize with this guy. He wrote an article about how the greeting "Happy Holidays" is replacing "Merry Christmas" in businesses, schools, stores, and about every other public place. We went to the zoo a few weeks ago to see their light display. There was not a "Merry Christmas" anywhere. It was all "Happy Holidays". No references to any specific holiday, just generic winter scenes, animals, and trees in lights. I did see one church in lights! My husband's workplace has a "winter" party (it used to be a Christmas party). This is just another one of those "to take note of" cultural shifts that we are dealing with in our lives. I didn't used to think much about whether I wished people a "Merry Christmas" or a "Happy Holidays" (I think I have mostly only said "Merry Christmas"), but I guess I'll be more deliberate about saying "Merry Christmas". Just one more (easy!) thing we can do to perhaps influence the people around us for righteousness.

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home