Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, March 07, 2008

My Chores This Week

As you might imagine, doing farm chores in winter is fun! I made a few illustrations to illustriously illustrate my week of chores. First, here's me taking water to Ruby the WonderCow. Maybe you can guess exactly what it is Ruby and I are standing in. Do you have any idea how hard it is to lift your rubber-booted feet out of this mess?



Here's what happens when you lose your balance in such a situation. See what I mean by "fun"?


Here's me closing the chicken pen. Right under a roof loaded with snow and ice.




And after closing the door. (You knew this was coming)
By the way, that's not hair that I drew on top of my head. It is my Eskimo fuzzy hat with the flaps that come down over my ears. Tres chic. And of course on top of that are the icicles that landed on my head.

p.s. I was just at Merriam-Webster's and saw this definition prominently posted on their main page:
pwnanza
noun
: An event in which an individual or group is pwned excessively or repeatedly
As if it wasn't bad enough we had to add 'pwn' to our vocabulary, now this. What is the world coming to. Good thing I saw this, otherwise I would have remained hopelessly out of touch with the rest of the world. Now I have been enlightnd.

p.p.s. I can't sign off without reporting this great advice for married couples. I read it last night and it's STILL cracking me up.
Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight. (Phyllis Diller)
I'll have to remember that.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting diagrams. Did you make those yourself? LOL!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

Of course I did! That's the magic of Windows Paint when combined with my own artistic jenius.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home