Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Article #4

Spelling bee nixed because it 'leaves child behind'

A school decided to not have a spelling bee because of all the children it "leaves behind". This way, ALL students can be equally terrible in spelling, and no one will have the incentive to work hard to win a prize. Yes, I recall how emotionally wounded I was when I lost the spelling bee(7th or 8th place, I think?). Just kidding. Actually, it was really no big deal, other than getting nervous when it was my turn to spell. I don't even remember my sister rubbing it in when she did win. Although, if she would have thought to rub it in, maybe she would have. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home