Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sewing news

I finished the jumper I was working on for my daughter. Before this I also made a nightgown for her (it is still too big, though), and also some curtains for the dining room window (which really do look nice, if I do say so myself). I made a few mistakes on the jumper, but they're not that obvious unless you really look closely. This time, it actually fits her! It's slightly big, so I'm wondering if she might be able to wear it next fall, too (I hope). It's navy blue corduroy, so it won't work for summer.

Working hard to make something like the jumper, and watching as it begins to take shape, is such satisfying work! I really enjoyed it! It's too bad that my time is so in demand. If it wasn't, I'd be completing all kinds of sewing projects, now that I have my feet wet. Of course, if my time wasn't in demand, I wouldn't have anyone to sew for. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Queen of Carrots said...

Congratulations on the sewing! I think I'll be sewing a few jumpers for D1 this summer, as all the hand-me-downs she gets seem to be knit tops and leggings. Once she's walking I'd rather she wore things that resembled clothes more than pajamas.

So far I haven't had much time to sew, but I'd really, really like to do some.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Amey said...

Thanks for the congratulations! We have a lot of the leggings with knit shirts also, and I've just been putting a jumper over the top of them, and it looks nice, but keeps her legs warm and diaper covered too. She very much dislikes wearing tights, so this has worked out well.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home