Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Love Mitford

I've been a strictly non-fiction reader over the last 3 years or so, and I've decided that for a treat for myself, I'm going to read the entire Mitford series by Jan Karon for Christmas. I just started her first book in the series, At Home in Mitford. Let me tell you, this lady has such a sense of humor, and a wonderful way of putting serious thoughts into words. If you've never read a book by Jan Karon, you are really missing out. I don't usually think of men as being much into reading fiction, but I think even guys would love these books. After all, the main character is a 60-something man. Father Timothy Kavanagh is the Episcopal priest of a small town in the foothills of the mountains in North Carolina, and these books are all about his "adventures". Come on, don't tell me you're not interested. This is good stuff. If you don't have this book already, get yourself to the library and check it out today. Your library likely has at least half a dozen copies of this book, so there's no excuse. Can you tell I love these books? Well, I just love good writing. That's why I love these books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home