Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bamboo Steamers

My most recently purchased kitchen thing-a-ma-jig: 2 bamboo steamers. One large, and one small. I started out with the small, thinking it would work out fine, but it was too small. That's why I later bought the bigger one. Before, I was using one of those little metal steamers that fold up. It's adjustable so you can use it in a big pan or a small pan. But those little metal "petals" kept coming off, and it got to be a pain in the neck to use it and a pain in the you-know-where to wash it. These bamboo steamers are nifty things. I like 'em. Actually, I just like bamboo things in general. We have some bamboo spoons that are great, and some bamboo cutting boards as well. Bamboo...it's a good thing. Wait, where have I heard that before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home